Friday, February 8, 2008

Quick and Green!

Just a couple of things I've tried lately that were pretty easy and pretty green. Maybe you'd like to give 'em a try. Maybe you'd like to tell me your quick and green ideas.

1. Popped popcorn on the stove- no microwave bag to throw away.

2. Skipped the Happy Meal bag at McDonald's. Would like to skip the Happy Meal altogether but those cute little FurReal pets sucked me in.

3. Put my plastic produce bags into my reusable grocery bags so I can use them again too.

4. Used my glass jars for drinking glasses. I like glass and the kids always break my glass glasses. Now I'll have an endless supply.

5. Unplugged the fans and coffee pot when not in use. The coffee pot has a clock that I can't even read that's using power all day long, and the fans have a little digital thermostat that is using power all day.

That's all I have for now, but I notice that if you start looking for ways to reduce waste, you start to spot them.

1 comment:

Christi said...

like it. will do the produce bag one. already doing some of the others. here's my latest one:

skip the walmart bags and put the stuff right back in the cart. Got a funny look from the cashier at that, but oh well. of course, i had reusable shopping backs in the trunk that i had intended to use but forgot to bring in, so i just bagged by the trunk instead of by the cash register.